How can I migrate my list from Active Campaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, or MailChimp?
When you decide to switch over to GetResponse, you might have your contact list on a different service. We made it easy to migrate contacts from Active Campaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, and MailChimp directly into your GetResponse list. You can add thousands of contacts with their custom fields within minutes.
You need a CSV file with your contacts exported from Active Campaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, or MailChimp.
How do I migrate my list?
To migrate your list to GetResponse:
- Go to Lists.
- Click Add contacts.
- From the dropdown choose to which list you want to import information.
- Select the option to add contacts to an autoresponder cycle, if you want them to automatically start receiving messages. This option is only available if there are active autoresponders in the list.
- Select Upload a file, use an external service, or paste rows.
- Click the tab Migrate list under Import contacts
- From the dropdown choose from which service you’ll be migrating the list.
- Upload or drag and drop your CSV file.
- Specify how to update contact information—add new and update existing contact information, add new contacts only, or only update existing contact information.
- Check the box to confirm your contacts have opted-in.
- Click Next.
How do I assign custom fields?
Mapping custom fields allows you to transfer additional contact information into GetResponse. We automatically map all the fields we can recognize. Contact’s email address is required information.
MailChimp is using a different data structure for address than GetResponse. We will ask you if you want to import the address into different custom fields (Street, Postal code, City, Country) or store it in a single field (Address) like in MailChimp.
Click Got it! to transform the field into the new format or Proceed without changing data structure to keep it as it is.
For the fields we didn’t recognize automatically, match the custom fields in your GetResponse account to the fields that contain contact information from the account you’re connecting. To do this, use one of the following options:
- Click on Assign field and choose one of your existing custom fields.
- Select the Skip column marked with “?” box to proceed without mapping custom fields.
Move the mouse pointer over the grid and scroll right to access and configure all the fields. When you’re done, click Import.